Technical Writer I
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
Researches, develops, writes, illustrates, edits and publishes documentation to include but not limited to: Engineering Standards, test reports, presentation decks and material and process specifications. This position is also to be available as a shared resource to perform similar tasks for other groups, specificially IT.
- Creating and updating Engineering standard work process documentation.
- Valdating that Click Bond standards are in line with the customer’s standard processes where applicable.
- Develop, review and analyze engineering change data and/or technical documentation.
- Collects and accumulates appropriate technical information through researching and analyzing technical data andpublications, engineering drawings, test procedures, design specifications/documentation, software descriptiondocuments, engineering documents and by interviewing technical experts.
- Create documentation deliverables with a consistant format and balance of technical content and graphics appropriatefor end-user consumption. Ensure final materials clearly and effectively communicate the technical information and data.
- Assist in development of presentation information for executive and customer briefings.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of engineering information architecture.
- Assist in development and publication of tutorials and work instructions.
- Report immediately all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor.
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CBIpolicies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mathmatical skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,common fractions and decimals.
- Computer skills including basic computer navigation skills, experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word,Outlook, Powerpoint, ability to write reports and send correspondence.
- Must demonstrate a basic technical understanding of technical writing/editing practices and standards, as well as havingknowledge of the documentation of technical standards. To deliver high quality documentation with attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and goodorganizational skills.
- Basic analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report.
- Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment.
- Ability to write and read English
Education and/or Experience
- AA or As degree in related Technical field.
- One year minimum demonstrated experience in technical writing.
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.