Quality Inspector Sr.
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
Inspects, or measures internally manufactured materials or procured products to verify compliance with Click Bond or customer furnished engineering drawings and procedures. Counts, measures or weighs articles to verify contents and quantity of shipments against purchase orders, invoices or other documentation. Completes associated documentation and reports. Makes entries in the Click Bond MAX/MRP (Material Requirements Planning) System. Verifies the contents of product to be shipped and assures the proper completion of documentation associated with shipments. Performs process audits as required. Involved with the training of operators and technicians on inspection methods. Monitors product performance and communicates problems to production areas.
- Use inspection devices (micrometer, caliper, optical measurement equipment) to determine product conformance with engineering drawings, purchase orders and associated specifications.
- Produce reports of inspection acceptance or non-conformance and make appropriate computer entries.
- Stamp mark of approval for procured product, internally produced product or appropriate shipping documentation.
- Produce reports of traceability and certificates of compliance.
- Test materials as necessary.
- Assists with the creation of inspection plans and inspection report forms.
- Writes inspection instructions.
- Performs MSA (measurement systems analysis).
- Trains / Mentors Inspectors.
- Facilitate and document RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) activities.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Applies SPC (Statistical Process Control) and basic statistical methods
- Can accurately perform with AS9102 FAI (First Article Inspection)
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
- Advanced knowledge of Metrology and Measurement systems
- Speaks clearly and confidently in all situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings including, procedures and written information.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Consistently at work and on time.
- Follows written and verbal instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person of an alternate plan.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as aerospace procedures, engineering requirements, safety rules, and quality assurance manual.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer navigation skills as well as experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MAX/MRP inventory software and manufacturing software
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar or related position.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.) required. Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years audit experience.
- ASQ CQI required (Certified Quality Inspector) or 10 years equivalent experience
- ASQ CQT (Certified Quality Technician) and CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Preferred
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.