Manufacturing Engineer II
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
Design, develop and install components of engineering projects resulting in cost effective methods of manufacturing and fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards. Assist to coordinate major engineering projects.
- May assist in planning and coordinating the manufacturing process
- Capable of writing Work Instructions
- Able to participate in work area layouts
- Able to produce spaghetti diagrams and process flow charts
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials andparts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality controlstandards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment andworkspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient productionmethods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, orparts,and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for managementdecisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, productionschedules,and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Ensure that all related policies and practices comply with company, customer, and regulatory standards andagreements Report immediately all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CBIpolicies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess multilevel experience in CNC machining, forging, casting, sheet metal fabrication, punch pressoperation, progressive tool design, transfer press operation, deep drawing stainless steel, heat treating, automation ofsecondary machining operations with emphasis on tapping, thread rolling, and thread locking operations, as well asautomation of assembly operations.
- Fastener industry background with knowledge of military aerospace standards is desirable.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or IndustrialEngineering;
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field, industry or work environment is required.
- P.E. certification, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification, CMfgT or CMfgE (SME) certifications preferred
- Sufficient machining skills to produce prototypes and tooling
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or other electronic drafting program
- Proficiency in using SolidWorks is required.
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.