Manager of Procurement
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
This position is responsible for managing and directing purchasing personnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Is expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
- Manages plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Continuously sourcing materials and vendors to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Negotiates price breakdowns with vendors.
- Determines most effective procurement type and potential suppliers and solicits quotes.
- Evaluates quotes for completeness, compliance to specs, price, conformance to quality standards and schedule.
- Researches, develops and communicates new products and services.
- Procures quality products and raw materials.
- Enter purchase of materials in MAX System.
- Determines cost effective/efficient inbound-outbound transport methods.
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
- Plan and direct policies and procedures for the purchasing of an organization's goods and services.
- Report immediately any machine or process challenges and all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor.
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CBI policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented.
- Other duties as may be requested or assigned.
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production
planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations,
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing techniques and practices, including procedures associated with
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and
tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- CPM or equivalent certification
- Use of and deployment of electronic purchasing systems, VMI, and consignment
- Aerospace, machined parts manufacturing, engineering, cost, and/or procurement requirements knowledge/experience
- Familiarity/experience with lean manufacturing, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement techniques
(i.e. RCCA, Six Sigma methodology), a plus
- Familiarity/experience with SPC principles and methods
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001, AS9100
- APICs training/certification preferred
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory/managerial experience.
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.