Maintenance Machinist II
Site : LocationUS-CT-Watertown
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
Under general supervision, responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Rebuild Baird presses, eyelet machines, and tool room equipment.
- Perform machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Read and interpret key documents including equipment logs, equipment documentation, blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Perform routine tests and qualifications on equipment and document findings/results.
- Report immediately all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor.
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CBI policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detailed oriented.
- Able to perform basic welding.
- Simple sheet metal fabrication
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a mature, problem solving approach when dealing with all levels of site personnel, vendors, and customers, as well as the ability to cope with hazardous conditions or heavy time demands.
- Ability to start and persist with a plan of action, while exhibiting a high level of motivation, cooperation, and urgency.
- Ability to use hand/power tools. Knowledge of mechanical schematics.
- Ability to identify and take appropriate action when an abnormal situation develops. Ability to communicate effectively, responsibly, and promote effective working relationships.
- Mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Basic computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- The ability to read and write English
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of craft apprenticeship, or minimum 2 years of equivalent experience
- 2 – 5 years experience
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.