- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
The Facility Engineer is responsible for the design, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, construction, and modernization, of physical facilities and equipment (power, water, waste water treatment, chemical, distribution, air abatement, piping systems, HVAC, lighting, space utilization, etc.) used to produce quality products. This role is heavily involved in various maintenance projects that will be focused on improving our processes (safety, quality, productivity, cost) and maintaining the facilities and grounds. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting numerous safety, environmental and continuous improvement projects along with overseeing contractors in maintaining our facilities.
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate Click Bond, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Interpret and advise on regulatory codes for compliance to local, state and federal codes.
- Modify existing equipment and systems for the purpose of improving efficiency, safety, reliability, capacity and cost effectiveness.
- Develop conceptual designs for equipment and system expansion and/or upgrades.
- Manage and implement all phases of new construction and renovation/upgrade projects including planning, design, construction, and commissioning.
- Prepare written project plans which may include budgets, staffing, schedules, coordination and other pertinent project information.
- Oversee the activities of various contractors and consultants for the fulfillment of facilities engineering responsibilities.
- Provide standard operating procedures and specifications governing the operation and maintenance of facility systems and equipment.
- Evaluate overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), system performance, and identify improvement plans.
- Troubleshoot problems with facility systems.
- Develop corrective action proposals and recommendations.
- Develop installation packages for the hook-up, demolition or relocation of production equipment.
- Manages plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- Report immediately any machine or process challenges and all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor and management with oversight.
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented.
- Identify and implement utility savings measures using operational data to justify and verify the savings.
- Interface with utility providers to forecast usage and rates for all utilities.
- Must be willing to work when certain projects mandate hours outside of normally scheduled shift.
- Other duties as may be requested or assigned.
- Strong Capital Project Management Skills
- Solid Communication and Negotiating Skills
- Designing Experience with Solid Works and Auto Cad
Education and/or Experience
- PE is preferred. Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Facilities Engineering role in an industrial manufacturing facility.
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.