Eyelet Toolmaker III
Site : LocationUS-CT-Watertown
- FLSA Status
- Regular Full-Time
- 1st Shift
- Under minimal supervision, builds, develops, sets-up, tries out, repairs and adjusts tools, inspection gages and special fixtures for transfer presses and secondary department machines.
- Build, develop, set-up, tryout, repair, and adjust tools, inspection gages and special fixtures for transfer and secondary department machines.
- Effectively use all Tool Room tools and equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, hardening, tempering, as well as all special attachments to above equipment.
- Ability to develop complicated jobs with little or no supervision.
- Responsible for teaching and training other inexperienced toolmakers and apprentices about complicated jobs during the transition from development to production.
- Should have adequate experience on all product lines, Nuts, Sleeves, Domes, Retainers and Legacy parts.
- Should have adequate experience and be able to work on all size Baird and Asahi Seiki presses. Having Samson and Waterbury Farrell experience a plus.
- Must perform to the specified work of production and quality standards for the assigned jobs.
- Must have a good knowledge of the functions and workability of tool steels and production materials.
- Perform operator functions as required.
- Must be able to work as a team with Engineering offering ideas for new tool development.
- At times, expected to exceed equipment capabilities to attain respective tolerances.
- Use care in operation of all machine tools and attachments so equipment can produce accurate quality work.
- Keep machines and work area neat, clean and orderly.
- Keep all necessary records and make out all necessary forms.
- Make suggestions for changes in methods to improve operations.
- Store and retrieve plant tools, records, and drawings according to procedure.
- Perform proper handling and labeling of hazardous materials and wastes, as directed by supervisor.
- Report immediately all suspicious and hazardous conditions to a supervisor.
- Understand and observe all safety guidelines and assure quality and safety by complying with all appropriate CBI policies and procedures
- Assist in maintaining clean, orderly and hazard-free work areas.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and be detail oriented.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret sketches and ordinary mechanical drawings.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and perform basic computer functions. Understanding of SPC required.
- Must be experienced in the use of comparator and Ram Optical Inspection equipment
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, 2+ years of vocational training preferred.
- State certified apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an Eyelet Toolmaker.
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing process necessary in making complex, precise adjustments to tools and equipment
Click Bond Way - Key Attributes
- Communicates respectfully to all team members, vendors, and visitors.
- Models a positive attitude.
- Actively listens to others and supports the team environment.
- Asks questions and learns from mistakes.
- Executes tasks with minimal errors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attendance is consistent and meets or exceeds company standards.